Answered By: [Unclaimed] Last Updated: Jun 23, 2015 Views: 12
Answered By: [Unclaimed]
Last Updated: Jun 23, 2015 Views: 12
- Go to Settings. Slide your finger from the top of the screen down to reveal the notification window. Select the Settings button from this same screen (on many phones this is a gear icon with no words on it).
- Look at Accounts. On the next screen, choose Accounts and Sync. Depending on your phone, it may be called "Add Account."
- Add an account. Click the Add button on the accounts screen.
- Specify the type of account. Select Exchange ActiveSync from the account types screen.
- Enter your email information. Enter your complete email address. It's recommended that you show the password field as passwords are case sensitive and must be correct; then enter your password. Select Next.
- Select server. Your email should show in the first field as you entered it on the last screen; make sure your server is set to m.outlook.com. Leave the domain field as is. Select Next.
- Enter username information. Scroll down to see username fields. Enter your entire email address again. Make sure the SSL connection box is checked. Leave your password as is. Select Next.
- When to sync. If you are prompted for SmartSync, it's highly recommended. This feature monitors when you touch your phone, and when you are active, and will only sync when you are using your phone. Select Next.
- Name your account. Give the account a name you will recognize. Click finish setup. Within a few minutes you should start seeing contacts from your Outlook account and email begin to come in.
- Security prompt. Some carriers will have their phones send a message that some security settings may need to be controlled by the email. It is ok to press Next or Ok on this message.